For our international registered participants, this section features information about your Letter of Invitation, visa application form, and links to locate your US Embassy or Consulate.

FIME invitation letter is provided to only registered visitors. If you have not yet registered to FIME, please click here.

FIME is proud to be a world-class tradeshow for the US medical device market and welcomes its international visitors. If you are joining us from outside the United States, be reminded that the US government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. This may lengthen the amount of time it takes to process your visa application. Get an early start by obtaining all the necessary documentation.

Whether you are an attendee or exhibitor at FIME, you must do several things in advance to prepare for your trip. Generally, international travelers need a visa to enter the US. Travelers from certain eligible countries may be able to visit the US without a visa through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you are from a country that does not participate in the VWP, you will need to make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate for a visa interview.

During the online registration process for FIME, you will have the opportunity to request a Visa Invitation Letter. You must register to attend FIME to receive one. 

The turnaround time for most visa applications is 30 days but, in some cases, it may take considerably longer. It is recommended to apply for your visa two to three months before your scheduled trip to avoid delays in processing. You may contact the US Embassy or Consulate for current wait times. 

Appropriate documentation, such as an Invitation Letter, can help demonstrate that the purpose of your trip is to attend and/or exhibit at FIME and that you intend to return home. 

International visitors may access the Letter of Invitation through the registration system once they have completed the registration for the show.

At the end of the registration process, there is a tab "Visa Invitation Letter Request Information", select "I require an invitation letter" and complete the required fields based on how they appear on your passport.

If you require the original letter to be mailed to you, click on the box that says "I require an original hard copy Visa Invitation Letter", but please note that there is an additional cost associated with this request. There is an electronic version of the letter that will automatically be available at the end of your registration - you may print it and attach a copy of your FIME registration confirmation to use in your visa interview as supporting documentation from FIME.

E-mailed copies may be accepted, but it is recommended that you review your US Embassy or Consulate's website for specific requirements.

The US government requires residents of many countries to, obtain a temporary visa before entering the United States. Recent changes to the visa application process may have increased the length of time required to receive your visa. It is very important to apply for a visa at least 90 days prior to departure. For information on US visa policies and procedures, click here.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of 27 countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business without obtaining a visa. VWP travelers must present a machine-readable passport (MRP) at the US post of entry to enter the US without a visa. To obtain a complete list of exempt countries and learn more, visit the Visa Waiver Program website.

All U.S. travelers transiting the US are subject to the US customs/immigration laws. Visitors traveling to the US are required to be in possession of passports that are valid for six months beyond the period of their intended stay in the US. Click here for more information about passports and documents required for foreign travelers.