Now in it's 26th year, FIME attracts attendees from across the globe with more than 80 per cent visiting from across Northern and Latin America. FIME's primary focus is across four industry sectors:
- medical technology
- medical products & supplies
- medical services
- medical equipment
Under Informa's stewardship, FIME will continue to offer a multi-speciality conference programme in line with Informa's motto of 'Exhibition with Education' providing an unrivalled knowledge-sharing and business networking platform for healthcare trade professionals in the region.
- The U.S. medical device market is the world's largest, at an estimated USD125.4bn in 2013
- U.S. medical device market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% over the 2013-2018 period
- Together, the top countries in Central and South America import over $7 billion annually in medical device and technology
- The GDP of the top six Latin American markets, at US $4.3 trillion, is three quarters of China's and easily surpasses that of India ($5.8 trillion and $1.6 trillion, respectively).
- Healthcare expenditure in the top six economies in Latin America, at over $280 million, surpasses that of China and India at around $250 million and $70 million, respectively.
- Mexico is the second largest medical equipment market in Latin America
- Argentina medical equipment and devices market is expected to reach about €2 billion by 2020
- Peru produces very little medical equipment, so the vast majority of the market is supplied by imports